- Turn on all overhead lights, lamps and exterior lights. Replace all burned out light bulbs!!!!
- Clean your windows! This can make a hug different in the pictures!
- Clean your bathroom mirrors.
- Open all Blinds, Shades and Curtains.
- Wherever possible remove personal photographs, especially larger ones. Some can be left, but try to keep it to a minimum.
- Conceal garbage and recycle containers.
- Remove table coverings.
- Remove all signs of pets including food/water bowls, pet beds, chew toys, crates, etc.
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light.
- Remove stacks of magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter fireplace mantel/hearth (no more than 5 items, including art)
- Try to pare down kitchen items, Good looking stainless cappuccino machine? Great! Old soap in soap dishes and worn pots and pans… not so much. Try to tuck appliance wires out of sight….same with lamps.. If you have nice appliances or decorative items they may be OK to leave. Vases with flowers or fruit bowls can also add a nice touch to the scene.
- All lights should be on including under cabinet lighting and over stove lighting.
- Refrigerators should be cleared of any magnets, pictures and flyers. These can be put right back up again after the shoot if necessary.
- Clear countertops completely. No plastic soap dispensers, toothbrushes, medications, deodorant, etc. If you have nice decorative dispensers they may be OK, but make sure they are clean.
- Remove dirty towels – leave out only new, unused towels
- Remove floor mats.
- Put the toilet seats down.
- Make bed, including decorative pillows/shams if available.
- Remove all clutter from the top of dressers.
- Clear nightstands of all personal items.
- Store away phone/tablet charging cables.
- If you have a desk in the room, clear it off as much as possible.
- Remove cars from the driveway. Some MLS services will not accept pictures if cars are in the driveway. Sometimes it’s a good idea to park your car in front of the home to prevent someone else from parking there. Then you can move it when the photographer is ready to take the pictures.
- Neatly roll and store hoses and sprinklers.
- Lawns should be well manicured.
- Rake leaves.
- Remove pool covers and BBQ covers.
- Remove children’s toys where possible.
- Blow or sweep off your walkways, patio and driveways
- Remove empty planter or items that cause clutter.